Sedation Dentistry has helped so many of our patients receive their desired dental treatment under anxiety free conditions.
It enables individuals too afraid to go to the dentist to receive the dental care they need while avoiding the common apprehension known as dental phobia.
Some patients need to be calmed before they get to the office, so we can prescribe an oral medication to be taken prior to their appointment to help them relax.
For those patients who prefer to be sedated during their dental procedures, Nitrous Oxide gas (laughing gas) is the most commonly used sedation technique. It helps relax patients by inhaling a gas administered through the nose. Patients report that it helps make them feel both comfortable and less nervous.
Old Town Smiles offers other types of sedation :
- Oral conscious sedation
- IV sedation
- General anesthesia
Many of our patients tell us they selected Sedation Dentistry because of the following benefits:
- Totally reduces their extreme anxiety of the dentist
- Eliminates their gagging problem
- Eliminates their fear of dental injections
- Their difficulty getting numb is no longer a problem
- Allows them to fix embarrassing dental problems in a single visit
- Having everything completed in a single visit, saves time and money
We will help you decide which type of sedation is right for you!