Dear Old Town Smiles Patient,
We are happy to announce we are open and seeing patients. As many of you have been calling to schedule your appointments over the coming weeks, we wanted to take a moment to assure you of the many protocols we have in place.
- Upon arrival there is a Prep station for you where you will sanitize your hands and have your temperature taken. Once you get to the treatment room, we will have you pre-rinse with a special hydrogen peroxide rinse, which has been shown to inactivate viruses on contact.
- We have implemented a brand-new air sanitation system (ActivePure®), which is a highly effective purification system originally invented to protect NASA astronauts from even the smallest contaminants. We are one of the only offices in the state to be using this technology.
- We take PPE (personal protective equipment) very seriously for each appointment. The PPE that will be worn by clinical staff during your appointment meets and exceeds the current safety guidelines for working in close contact with patients. *Please note that the small administrative fee for this PPE is now recognized by insurance, and as always, we are happy to file on your behalf.
- We will be setting up Sneeze Guards at the front desk (free-standing plexiglass shields) in order to minimize contact when you check out for your appointment, and all credit card machines will be covered and/or wiped down after every single transaction.
- Staff will be wiping down all frequently touched surfaces every hour, including countertops, door handles, keyboards, and other higher traffic areas. We will also be using UV-C wands to disinfect surfaces.
- In addition to our strict cleaning guidelines we are also limiting the number of patients being seen in the office at any given time, and extra time will be allotted before and after each appointment for room turnover as well as changing of PPE.
For more details regarding our protocols in place, please visit our Facebook page.
As always, we truly value each and every one of you and look forward to reconnecting with you all. If you have any questions, please give us a call.
Dr. Ahmed and Team at Old Town Smiles